Meet my new best friend. The Cookies and Cream cookie.
I am completely obsessed with anything Oreo. You may remember my deliciously addictive Oreo Balls. Well, these are just as addictive and just as easy to make. I'm a huge fan of any recipe that takes minimal effort but doesn't sacrifice taste. The combination of chocolate chips, the creamy Oreo filling and the crunch of the chocolate cookie makes such a special treat. You won't be able to eat just one and they are sure to please any crowd you're entertaining.
Cookies and Cream Cookies
(recipe from Lovin' From the Oven)
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
6 tablespoons white sugar
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
11 broken pieces of Oreo Cookies (i used Double Stuffed and left cookies in pretty large chunks)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
The How To:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and both sugars together until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.
3. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients to sugar mixture.
4. Stir in Oreo pieces and chocolate chips into batter until just combined.
5. With a cookie scoop, scoop onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. (Cookie should still be soft)
6. Cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes.
Happy Baking! :)