Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bride and Groom Cupcakes

In a little over a month, one of my very best friends will be tying the knot. I'm probably almost as excited as she is. I have been stocking up on Kleenex since the day she got engaged.

Her lovely bridal party and myself (as well as her kick ass mom) threw a shower for her last weekend. We all know I immediately signed up to bake for the occasion. (About 4 months before we even set the date.)

I wanted to do something besides what I would typically make so I did some "bride" and "groom" inspired cupcakes. I had alot of help from the ladies making these and we all pretty much sat around and chuckled after we were done because they were so stinkin' adorbs.

Take a peek, they could get a giggle out of you too! :)




** All photos courtesy of Shawna Bielat Photograpy. Check her out and book her! **


The groom cupcakes were carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. The bow ties were made out of black sugar sheets. The top hats were made of jumbo marshmallows dipped in black candy melts with a sugar sheet base.



The bride cupcakes were vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting and a raspberry filling. The veils were made with white chocolate melts and some tulle fabric.


I also made some oreo cake pops tossed in lime greeen to go with the shower color scheme.


And let's not forget the DIY favor bags we made! A super simple craft that turned out so cute.



We used paper lunch bags, made a cute template with Adobe and attached with hole punches and some ribbon. The bags were filled with all of Stacy's favorite candies.

I couldn't end this post without showing you a lovely photo of the bride to be.


And how perfect is it that she's holding a cupcake carrier? Jealous.

It was a pretty wonderful day! Congrats Stace! You're going to be a beautiful bride.

love.love.love.

Pin It!

4 comments: