Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cake Batter Blondies

how is summer already over?! i am completely disappointed in the amount of times i made it to the beach considering i live 10 blocks from it.

wait a minutteee, i take that back! i don't live 10 blocks from it any longer, because we bought a HOUSE! yes, my hubs and I took the plunge and signed on the dotted line about 3 weeks ago. it's been amazing! what hasn't been amazing is my lack of blogging. but i have an excuse right?

had a few people asking about this recipe for awhile, so i'm hitting you all with it now. i am obsessed with cake batter anything. heck, i will even risk the raw egg to stick my finger in a bowl for that sweet goodness. if you make these, you will probably make them again two nights later.  i seriously could not stop eating these suckers. i wish you the best, i can't control what happens to your waistline.



Cake Batter Blondies
 
1 box yellow cake mix
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup sprinkles (i used rainbow! weeeee!)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips




The How To:

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Spray 11×7 baking pan with nonstick spray.
Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the milk slowly. You want to cake batter to be as dense & thick as possible.
Mix in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown.
Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.





The blondies will look they aren't totally done. Kind of gooey in the center, you want them this way! Bring on the ooey gooeyness! :)

Who else likes cake batter as much as I do? Speak to me people. I'm awful lonely.

love.love.love & happy baking!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love these. Made them for a kid's birthday and then made them again for myself on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete