Saturday, April 28, 2012

Boston Creme Pie Cupcakes

Happy Saturday folks! I thought I'd start my weekend sharing another baking triumph with you.

I'm sure all of you have been there. You find a recipe, it looks tasty, you buy all the crap to make it and get SO excited for it to look JUST like it does in the picture. And then instead of nailing it, your concoction comes out looking like the red headed stepchild in time out. This is my history with Boston Creme Pie cupcakes.



I attempted my homegirl Martha Stewart's recipe several months back and it was a complete disaster. The recipe seemed simple enough, but let's face it, what's difficult for Martha Stewart to handle? I did not end up with a pretty cupcake. If we're being honest, it was hideous. I refused to take any pictures of them to post. (However, I did eat them. They may have been ugly, but they tasted pretty good.)

Needless to say I never shared that post with ya'll. You would have laughed. But I didn't give up. Even if I tank at a certain recipe, I will always give it another shot hoping it will turn out better the next go around. And this time, it certainly did! My creme pie cupcakes were delicious, and most importantly they were straight sexy. Not a chocolate slimey mess.







Many of you will find this recipe pretty darn easy because it is. Cool Whip is the secret to the simplicity. It's in the boston creme and in the chocolate glaze. There's pretty much NO way to muck these up if you can read directions. So give it a shot! :)


(recipe from Kraft)


1 package yellow cake mix
1 package JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding (3.4 oz)
1cup cold milk
1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
 
 
The How To:

Heat oven to 350ºF.

Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely.    

Beat pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. 
Meanwhile, use serrated knife to cut cupcakes horizontally in half.

Whisk 1/2 cup COOL WHIP into pudding; spoon onto bottom halves of cupcakes, using about 1 Tbsp. for each. Cover with cupcake tops.    

Microwave remaining COOL WHIP and chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until well blended. Let stand 15 min.; spread onto cupcakes. Refrigerate 15 min and serve when ready.



Has anyone else jacked up an attempt at a recipe on the first try? Pleaassee let me know so I don't feel like the only one out there! :)


love.love.love.  and happy baking.



Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I made these cupcakes today n they turned out cute n best of all delicious! Thanks for the idea n recipe Tori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoyed them and they weren't too hard to duplicate! :)

      Delete
  2. i cant wait to try thank you for giving this out fro others to use!!! THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete