I threw caution to the wind. Ignored the fact that I might be overexerting myself by baking too many things in one day. I just HAD to make it and even more importantly, I HAD to taste it.
2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
I had some leftover eggnog from the cupcakes I did last week that I didn’t want to waste, so when I stumbled on this fudge recipe, I decided to put on my big girl panties and try again.
|I am SO proud of this fudge! Wooo!|
|A plate of extreme yumminess.|
|I'm a baking MACHINE.|
|Stacy's yummy pretzel treats.|
|i wish i had one of these RIGHT now.|
|how cute are these little bubs?! :)|
|nom. nom. nom.|
|see those cranberries peeping out of the cake? they are amazeballs!|
|yeah, they're in a christmas bowl. i got excited.|
1. Mix the instant coffee granules into the brewed coffee until dissolved. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with liners.
3. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
4. Beat the butter and both sugars together on medium high speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combined. In a measuring cup, combine the milk, 2 tbsps of Kahlua, brewed coffee mixture, and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture, alternating with the coffee mixture, ending with the dry mix.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from muffin tins and pierce several holes in top of each cake with a fork. Use the remaining 2 tbsps of Kahlua by brushing the top of each cake several times so a small glaze forms. Cool cakes completely before frosting.
|a match made in heaven.|
|Me and my lady friends! Martha, Sally, Shawna, Me and Stacy!|
|Finger lickin' good, right Martha? :)|
|Stacy took a bite. Anything for a good shot ;)|
|How cute is this bottle, right??|
|You were expecting a cupcake post maybe? I siked you out! :)|