Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies



So I know National Love Day has come and gone, but I did want to drop some very yummy brownies in your lap before the month of February is over.

I actually did whip these suckas up on Valentine's Day. And they were gooood. I wish I could say I was being romantic and they were all for my hubs but I'm VERY selfish and consumed half of these on my own because I was having a major choco craving. Happy V-Day to me!

I'm not even really that crazzyyy about cheesecake and I devoured them. That says quite a lot you guys.

Enough yapping, here's how to make them!




1/2 cup butter
2-oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


The How To:
Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 8 inch metal baking pan.
Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends.
    Butter the parchment.
    In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together.
    Stir until combined and very smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
    In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and red food coloring.
    Add chocolate mixture and stir until smooth.
    Add flour and salt and stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
    Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
    To prepare cheesecake mixture, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth.
    Distribute the cheesecake mixture in 8 dollops over batter in the pan.
    Swirl in with a knife or spatula.
    Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set.
     A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
    Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack before lifting out the parchment paper to remove the brownies.


Enjoy! :)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment