I have a confession.
I am completely and utterly obsessed with The Bachelorette. It's my guilty pleasure. You don't even have to ask what I was doing yesterday evening. I was glued to the television set for three solid hours making googly eyes at Jef & Emily wishing I could be their next door neighbor or maybe a distant third cousin.
I know I am not the only who gets swallowed alive by this show, right? I wanted to slick my hands through Jef's wicked poof and steal his skateboard (it's probably still in the bushes!) And now, it's over. I have nothing to look forward to after a Monday workday and immediately fall into a state of depression. Okay, it's not that serious but still. I will miss you Jef and Emily and the melodramatic sap fest that I love to hate.
There's no perfect segway into my cheeseburger "cupcakes" now, unless you compare my love for The Bachelorette to the love I have for this recipe. We'll go with that...
Another simple dinner recipe you can construct in no time and there's always plenty for leftovers the next day. That's my kind of meal. My hubs (who will never admit he likes watching The Bach, but I'm telling you, he does!) scarfed these down in minutes. Luckily I made extra so I could have some.
(recipe adapted from Emily Bites)
¼ c onion, finely chopped
1 lb 95% lean ground turkey meat
2 tablespoons McCormick Hamburger Seasoning
8oz mushrooms, chopped
8 Laughing Cow Queso Fresco & Chipotle wedges, chopped
6 Tablespoon ketchup
2 Tablespoon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 package of wonton wrappers (typically found in the produce section)
1 c tomatoes, chopped
8 oz (1 cup) reduced fat 2% shredded cheddar cheese
The How To:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 16 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until cooked. Add ground beef and Hamburger seasoning and cook until meat is browned. Add mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until mushrooms are browned as well.
3. In a microwavable bowl, combine meat/mushroom mixture, cheese wedges, ketchup and mustard and stir. Microwave for one minute on high. Stir to combine until meat mixture is fully coated.
4. Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the meat mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Follow by sprinkling some of the chopped tomatoes into each cup (using about half the total tomatoes). Sprinkle about half the cheddar cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Seems like alot of steps, but it's really worth it. These would make a great game day snack or even a "Bachelorette" viewing bite.
Anyone else jump on the Bach Nation bandwagon? What did you think of last night's finale? Are you Team Jef? Spppeakkk.