Wednesday, August 22, 2012

XL Sugar Cookie Cake

Anyone remember those giant cookie cakes they sold at the bakery kiosks in the mall? I used to beg my dad to get me one anytime we were there. He always said no. What 9 year old needs an entire cake to themselves? It never stopped me from asking though.

Well I'm not nine years old anymore. I'm nine PLUS twenty. So I can have a frickin' cookie cake anytime feel like it. So I made one. And it was delicious. Soft, chewy and filled with yummy little rainbow sprinkles. And then I made another. For a sweet little girl named Kira.



Oh, and did I mention the cute little fondant monkey face? Kira just loves monkeys so I felt it only appropriate.



 XL Sugar Cookie Cake

2 sticks butter, at room temp
2 1/4 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoon almond extract
4 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup rainbow sprinkles


The How To:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In your mixing bowl first cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time while beating on low.

Next add the almond extract and beat for 1 minute.

Place all dry ingredients into the mixer mixing well until blended. Mix in rainbow sprinkles into the dough. Spread mixture into a lightly greased round cookie/pizza pan (yes. press it and spread it with your hands).

Bake for 18-22 minutes or until center is cooked through and edges are golden brown. Let cool completely before frosting.
 


I tinted some vanilla buttercream pink and went to town on this cookie cake. Please excuse my warped and slanted handwriting, it was my first attempt at it. I need clearly need practice.

Next time I may just try a chocolate chip cookie cake.

Can you think of any others?

love.love.love & happy baking!
Pin It!

1 comment: