Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin Mudslide Cupcakes

Everyone seems to be on a pumpkin craze lately. I can understand why. It's Fall. Leaves.. pumpkins... I get it.  I however, thought I was done with the pumpkin revolution after the cookie I recently made, until I saw THESE. Pumpkin mudslide cupcakes. Ummm, you had me at mudslide.  It's no secret I like to booze up my cupcakes. I swear if I ever own a cupcake shop children will never be able to eat there.

 I stumbled upon this cupcake while surfing over Paula Deen's website. (I love her YA'LL!) Much to my delight, I saw the recipe was actually from my abs fave cupcake blogger, Cupcake Project. This chick is a rock star and she became even more rad when I found out she makes cupcake recipes for Mrs. Deen herself. Swoon.

The cake is soft, moist and loaded with Irish Cream, Kahlua, coffee and pumpkin. And the frosting is absolutely addicting. (I scraped the bowl clean!)  Drizzle some chocolate sauce over these puppies and you are instantly reminded of the yummy frozen drink, except with a little pumpkin which I might add is a fantastic addition to the party.

My pals were ranting about how delectable these treats were and I would have to say this recipe is in my top five cupcakes so far. Make them and you won't be sorry. Here's how.




Pumpkin Mudslide Cupcakes
(recipe from Cupcake Project)

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 ½ cups sugar
¾ cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup Kahlua
¼ cup Irish Cream


The How To:

Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, instant coffee granules, baking soda, and salt. Set bowl aside.

In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin puree, and eggs until smooth.

Mix the vegetable oil, Kahlua, and Baileys Irish Cream into the wet ingredients until fully combined.

Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients a little bit at a time until just incorporated.
Divide batter evenly among 12 cupcake liners.

Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.



Spiced Pumpkin Coffee Buttercream Frosting

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate syrup for drizzling


To Make:

In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy – about three minutes on high speed using an electric mixer.
Add powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully combined.
Mix in pumpkin puree, coffee granules, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until fully combined.
Spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup.





These are a sweet fall treat. I hope you devour some in the near future. Happy baking! :)




Pin It!

3 comments: