Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Apple Bavarian Torte

Before the days when baking was my obsessive hobby, every now and then I would try to bake something sweet for a special occasion. I tried this recipe out last Christmas and just about died over it. This torte is the bomb diggity, ya'll!

I revisited the recipe a few days ago because I was craving something fruity and it was just as awesome as I remember it. Maybe a little better since I'm just a tad better in the kitchen now. So I wanted to share it with you.

The torte is made in a springform pan. Sweet vanilla cream cheese filling, toasted almonds and cinnamon-kissed baked apples make this dessert of my favorite autumn recipes. The name may sound fancy pants, but it is one of the easiest things to make! Try it if you don't believe me. You can thank me later.







Apple Bavarian Torte


1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup white sugar (for crust)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (for crust)
1 cup all purpose flour

1 8oz. package cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar (for cream filling)
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (for cream filling)

6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I used Gala Apples)
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup sliced almonds






The How To:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla, and flour. Press crust mixture into the flat bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Pour cheese mixture over crust. Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon. Spread apple mixture over all.

Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees. Then reduce heat to 400 degrees and continue baking for 25 minutes. Sprinkle almonds over top of torte. Continue baking until lightly browned. Cool before removing from pan.

Voila!



yes, I took a piece out.  i couldn't wait to grub.
 A small disclaimer: As you can see, I did not use a springform pan for this one.  It still turned out great, but some of the goop dripped into my oven. And then it burned and stunk up our condo. And then it took FOREVER to clean up. So I'm recommending a springform pan for a reason. That tiny pan I used couldn't handle my yummy apple goodness.
Enjoy!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment